Dimensioning of solidwork drawings

Good evening everyone.

I'm contacting you to find out how to round a dimension in a SolidWorks drawing.

Let me explain... When I make a dimension in a drawing on SolidWorks I use the "smart dimensioning" function.

There you go, very often I get quotes (in millimeters) with 3 units after the decimal point. I don't need to show as much precision, and I would like to be able to change the value of the dimensions that appear on the map.

To be clearer, please find attached a PDF file of one of the drawings.

By way of example, I would like to round the odds received from 762.53 rounded to 762.5 and 363.19 rounded to 363.

Hoping to be clear and thanking you in advance.

Yours truly,

Sylvain

carter.pdf

Good evening

Look in precision of the units, La and your answer.

capture.jpg
3 Likes

Good evening

The answer of fred17100 shows how to change the precision of a particular dimension but it is of course possible to set the precision of all the dimensions of the drawing by default, see attached document, and then individually redefine a different precision for some dimensions.

It is also possible to do it without going to the properties manager but directly by clicking on the small icon that appears near the cursor when a dimension is selected, see attached document. Multiple selection of multiple odds allows them to be treated globally.

Kind regards

precision_des_cotations.pdf
5 Likes

Hello Fred and Pierre, thank you for your feedback.

I have applied the solution you have given me as advised.

Pierre, I took into account the default dimension setting option.

Another question please, is it possible to "shunt" the coast? That is to say forcing a hill that is totally contrary to the original rating? 

For example, showing a odds of 200 instead of a odds of 363?

Thank you again for your feedback.

Yours sincerely

Hello

Yes, you can replace a dimension. Look at  Fred's image, there is an option "replace with value".

1 Like

Hello

It's happening in the same place.

capture.jpg
2 Likes

Hello

Of course, as Fred17100 (Saintes?) and PhilippeB rightly say, it is quite possible to force a dimension to take a value other than that of the model. But you have to be very vigilant because the model/MEP link disappears, which can lead to big mistakes. By the way, if, without going through the "replace with value" option, you change it directly by deleting <DIM> in the window, a big warning message appears. It is true that then the true rating disappears completely. In the first case, simply uncheck the option to go back.

I'm more in favor of modifying the model or making configurations or a family of parts with an Excel table.

Have a nice day

2 Likes