Rating against a reference plan

Hello

In a drawing of an assembly, I want to put a dimension between two reference planes that I have added in the subassemblies.

When I select the plane of the first subassembly everything is fine, but when I select the plane of the second subassembly, I get the following message: "The selected entity could not be converted to a circular line or arc" (the order of selection does not matter, If I start with the plan of the second subassembly, I get the same message).

I don't understand because the two planes were added and constrained in the same way (coincidence compared to one side of the coin).

Also, if I open the subassembly that's causing the problem, I can use the datum plane in question to add a dimension in the 3D...

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you for your help!

Hello

You can:

Or create sketch lines in the plane to place the dimensions on these lines

Either create the dimension of the 3D and use the "model objects" to display it in the plan.

I don't want to create a dimension in the 3D because I have a macro that automatically adds the dimensions in the drawing against the reference planes of the 3D parts.

For the sketch in the outline, I'm going to try but I'm going to have to change the code of my macro so that it looks for the sketch in the outplane instead of the outplane directly.

The most amazing thing is that I did it with several pieces in the same way and that it works very well apart from this piece!

Hello 

Did you try to click the plans directly in the tree?

May the force be with you

cote_plan.jpg

@ OBI WAN,

I tried and the same message appears.

question

Are your 2 planes parallel?

Yes, the two shots are parallel but I can't even select the shot on my own, I have the message directly.

I tried to change the reference face of the plan but it doesn't change anything.

Are your plans perpendicular to your front view?

Yes, they are

Have you tried to redo the plan that doesn't work for your rating???

@manu67,

I redid a drawing from the 3D of the assembly and the problem is still there: I can select all the reference planes created to put a dimension except this one.

I also deleted and re-added the datum plane in the subassembly without success.

Can you make a screen print of the problem or a small slideshow or even an RX showing how you do it and that way we can see and understand where and why it M"###?

I struggled to make the video but it's good!

It is attached.

I can select only one plane out of both to dimension while both are made in the same way.

sldrx.wmv

Hello

Do you manage to take a dimension with the measuring tool (the small meter)?

And if you convert both plans it doesn't work?

@OBI WAN,

Yes, I can take a dimension with the measure tool (by selecting the planes directly in the tree or by selecting directly on the drawing).

@manu67,

What do you mean by "convert"?

I have the impression that the view is not exactly in front of me! It can happen in being visible.

Is it possible to create a new view, being normal to the face and insert this new view and test the dimension?

Or it is the parts or sub-assemblies that are not well constrained!

I'm drying, to find the parts, if you can put them.

A solution you could put a dot on each plane and rate the dot point.

@.pl that's also my impression, but it can be dimensioned with the measuring tool

That's when I don't understand anymore, he can quote  one way but not another?

You click on it like in the RX but you have the antities converted to create a sketch of your plans and there you score.

@.PL,

I considered this option but checked all the sketches and constraints and found nothing. On the other hand, I will try to redo the parts because if I constrain room 2 in relation to room 1, it is the plane of room 2 that I cannot select and vice versa (if I constrain room 1 in relation to room 2, it is the plane of room 1 that I cannot select).

@OBI WAN,

I don't want to use points because I have a macro that values against shots.

I don't understand either because inserting a dimension in the 3D works but not in the 2D and the measurement works but not the dimensioning...

@manu67,

I couldn't find the convert function. Also, I'd like it to work with the shots so I can use my macro.

Thank you for your research! :)