Rating against a reference plan

you click on your two planes and then you go to tools==>sketching tools==>convert the anteities

I can't convert datum planes: When I click on the plane in the tree view (or directly on the drawing), it doesn't add to the "Features to convert" selection.

Is it possible to provide us with the documents I am looking at?, I would really like to understand.

Same as Obi Wan...

Unfortunately, I cannot provide the documents for confidentiality reasons.

Attached is a file with two parts, an assembly and a drawing.

I added reference planes in the parts and I have the same problem as in my assembly: I can only select one of the two planes to add a dimension in the 2D but it works in the 3D.

cotation_plan_de_reference.zip

indeed  it doesn't work, on the other hand I reproduced the same assembly at home and it works, can you control it at home?

test_obiwan.zip

I can't open the parts and assembly.

Which version of solidworks are you using? (I'm on the 2012).

here is a step, I am in 2015

pp.step

Thanks, but the blueprints do not appear in the tree since the parts are imported functions. And I can't do any recognition of functions.

It's really a crazy thing, I can't rate the front view, on the other hand I put a top view and there no problem to dimension. Then by clicking +ctrl on the dimension in top view I manage to replace it on the front view. ??????

sldrx.wmv
1 Like

Yes it's really weird, it does the same thing to me (whether it's on the assembly with the two parts or my complete assembly): I can add the dimension between the two planes on the top view but not on the front one!

I found the solution to the problem and it was very simple...

The parts must not be fixed but constrained in relation to the basic plans of the file.

If one of the pieces is fixed, it is impossible to put the desired dimension.

Have a nice day.

1 Like