Creating a part from a schematic representation

Hello community,

The problem is the following: from a schematic representation allowing to simulate the kinematics of my assembly using the blocks, and I encounter 2 difficulties:

The first is that I want to create parts from the schematized blocks.

• To do this, I select a block and select "Create a part from a block" by choosing the "On block" option. The piece is created normally.
  • Once the part is created, I edit it to give it the desired external shapes using the 2D sketch. Once the sketch is finished, I leave the sketch and use the extruded boss function to give it thickness, this thickness materializes correctly on the screen, but when I validate the following error message appears: "The sketch does not have a content geometry".

Despite my research, I have not been able to find out what this message corresponds to.

The second: I renamed my blocks to identify them more easily

• Having done this several times to improve the consistency of the names, it turns out that I wanted to use an old name for the same block.
  • The software forbids me to do so, telling me that this name is already in use, when it is not.

I can't view the block name history to update it.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Good evening

Can you attach a problem block?

As well as a print screen?

it will be easier to visualize your problem

yannick

Good evening

Can you attach a problem block?

As well as a print screen?

it will be easier to visualize your problem

yannick

Thank you for your help, I am attaching the requested files.

Kind regards

sw.rar

Hello @mbrel34,

I can't say where it comes from. At my house too, the error message appears. On the other hand, once this error message is closed, I just have to select the closed outline again so that this time the extrusion is done. You will notice on the attached screenshots that the arrow allowing you to "pull" the extrusion (when you don't choose the depth by a typed number but by moving the surface with the mouse) is outside the closed outline when it doesn't work and then ends up in the center when it works. I have the impression that it's a simple bug related to internal reference points of the software.

M.

bug_repr-sch_contournement.zip

I also have the same message as you.

You have to delete the outline automatically selected by SW

and select it again

and do your boss

CDLT

yannick

Thank you very much for your help, as I was starting to wonder about my way of working.

Take care of yourself during this difficult time.

Thank you too