Creation of a wolf's mouth sketch

Hello

I want to draw a wolf's mouth from a DN350 pipe in a DN650 bend.
Someone would guide me

Hello;
Use the mechanically welded elements, then play with "Adjust-Extend".
Geometrically it will be right, but the rating is another story...
If you then want a flattening, you will have to convert your bodies into sheet metal...

you can also use the "Combine" function with the Subtract...

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Hello

Agree with @Maclane ...

In a bend, I haven't done yet...
But between 2 tubes:
1 - Simulate a tube with the sheet metal functions to be able to lay it flat
2 - remove the material according to the Ø of the other tube
3 - unfold the first one and make a 1/1 scale plan
4 - Print the plan on a scale of 1:1, you have the shape to draw so that the boilermaker can make his cut.

I will give you an example.
Wolf's mouth plot 42 of 54.SLDDRW (48.9 KB)
Wolf's mouth plot 42 of 54.SLDPRT (151.2 KB)

I don't know if this method can be adapted to your needs, because if it's the elbow that needs to be unfolded, I wish you good luck...

3 Likes

Hello
Attached is a test on an elbow.
Trial of the wolf's mouth. SLDPRT (210.9 KB)
The idea is that the pipe serves as your cutting template. If I have understood your request correctly!

Hello

Thank you for your answers, I managed to recover the tube layout using the sheet metal functions, but I especially want to recover the elbow drilling press.

Hello
In this case, you would have to carry out the removal of material in such a way as to keep the "washer" of the elbow which will then be converted into sheet metal.

Hello
It will be difficult to convert a curved surface into sheet metal and therefore to recover the development of the elbow drilling (as a result!!).
In the workshop, the pipefitters are used to this kind of stitching. What is needed is a trace (on paper ech 1) of the wolf's mouth which will be used for the cutting and then for the tracing on the elbow.
ABES

1 Like