Creating a mold: error message "cannot connect the sheets together"

Hello, I'm trying to make a mold for a phone case to inject silicone once the mold is 3D printed but impossible to create the mold thanks to the "imprint" function, I get the error message "cannot connect the sheets together". I'm attaching the piece to you if anyone has an idea of how to solve the problem.

Thank you for your help.

coque_iphone.sldprt

Good evening

I note that you have a student version and the question that comes to me have you ever made a complete mold before this work???

I see if I see where the error you report is

Kind regards

Edit: Ooopss typed too fast

No, I've never done it before, but I figured that if the function was available, I could do it, otherwise it would have removed it from the student version.

thank you for your help

PS: I just tried on a simple model the function works well

Hello@aj13100

I just looked and I think you have an error in selecting your loops for stop surfaces. Probably on the side of the 21 stop area.

that's what prevents you from opening the mold since it makes you a hypermega undercut which SW obviously doesn't accept.

tell me if that's it! STP

Kind regards

erreur_sur_bopucle_darret___2019-11-18_20_47_52-window.jpg

Good evening

I think that the thing that is wrong revolves around leave 11 which seems to me either superfluous, or too big compared to the parting line.

This disturbs the edge chain

Kind regards

erreur_conge_11_-_2019-11-18_21_00_38-window.jpg

I tried to change the structure in order to have something more "fair" but it still doesn't work.

coque_iphone_test.sldprt
1 Like

PS: I wonder if it's not the fact that the inside of the shell is hollow that bothers it, so make a stopping surface that will "fill" it but I have no idea how to do it.

Thank you 

1 Like

Here's what I managed to do...

coque_iphone_test_2.sldprt
1 Like

Bonsoi

You have to be rigorous when something goes wrong and above all very patient.

because I think you still have an error on the stopping surfaces conflicting with the radius. Dim the rays a little if necessary and dim your lights a little.

I find that in relation to the size of the room, your shelves are a little too generous, in some parts of the ultramini shelves are sufficient (no risk of cutting for the user of his smartphone.

erreur_sur_face_darret___zz__2019-11-18_22_15_39-window.jpg

Good evening

If I understand correctly, you have a central core, so nothing will be demolishable.

How you will maintain the central noya and how will you unmold your part.

You need to open your mold in several parts.

Like that in vistadenaz I would say at least four or five with two for the outside part and two for the central part.

I'm not talking about the inclined guide pins to unmold

Before making the cut mold make a duplicate of your piece and cut it  into several parts and see how each part can be unmolded, taking into account the undercuts.

You didn't choose the simpler model by taking something hollow

It all depends on whether it's an exercise or if you really want to go almost to the rea.

Kind regards

moule_vue_en_coupe___zz___2019-11-18_22_45_41-window.jpg