Creation of a back-and-forth animation of a "racket" with a servo motor

Hello

I am a technology teacher in a secondary school. For my personal pleasure, I would like to make an animation of "a racket" on a Mbot robot, Ping Pong player.

I'm a bit of a beginner with SolidWorks.

I have an Mbot robot, which I equipped with an arm, which allows me to return a ball. This arm is operated by a servo motor.

I'd like to create an animation of moving this arm. I've browsed a lot of sites, forums, read tutorials, and I can't do it.

Could you help me?

Thank you in advance,

M. PERRIN

robot_mbot_raquette.png

What have you already done?
What results did you achieve?

Hello

I managed to get "the racket" to move by using a motor and not a servomotor, but the problem is that it only goes one way. But I would like to be able to make an animation with a round trip. I don't know how to set up the servo motor in the motion study, and tell it to go back and forth at a certain angle, if it's possible ...

Kind regards

M. PERRIN

Hello pfanch69

Where do you stand with your problem?

In your case, you should not use a motor but only basic constraints with a stroke in mm or angular. So you can in the timeline for a single or multiple constraints make all the movements you want and with the speeds you want with all the desired speed variants.

Depending on your version of SW higher than 2017 you have a very practical function (simpler than motion in any case) it is the function (constraint drivers) which is more intuitive.

However, the "constraint pilot" has a big disadvantage, which is that you are limited on the number of joint actions you can execute. Pb that we don't have with motion if we use constraints.

Kind regards

2 Likes