Ridged washer creation

It's me again, well I can't do it. I did a subtraction of the part and the cut is perfect as I want it but impossible to do a circular repetition on the combine function. I tried to do the opposite by creating the volume then circular repetition (the volume is well repeated) then doing a subtraction and then it's the subtraction that is no longer possible. No, I believed in it.

Trial by cutting a complete tooth

on a copy of your piece name it with a number in +

And make a repetition Of this portion of the puck

@+

I'll take you some screenshots. Is it SW2018 that is messing around? On your attached file I have the same problem.

rondelle_striee.jpg

Well I thought I had found a solution but even now I have exactly the same problem.

I created a volume and I wanted to create a chamfer, even there my chamfer at an angle it is not stopping me.

strie_vis.jpg

it's normal it's a trapezoid base

@+

Testing via variable chamfer

@+

I found the shape I needed, created a groove in the face plane with the desired angle and then created a 3D sketch from this extrusion. 

On the other hand, I don't know if it's possible with a 3D sketch to make an extrusion.

esquisse_3d.jpg
1 Like

Well I've made good progress, I've gone through a 3D sketch, all I have to do is refine and extrapolate for my notched crown which serves as a gear and it's good. Still a lot of headaches but I'm on the right track.

strie.jpg
1 Like

Hello

Why not have made a sketch tangent to your washer and done a removal of material with an angle like the attachment made in 2016.

ac_cobra.sldprt

Thanks for the idea but it doesn't work. When you make an assembly the contact is bad with the 3D sketch it seems to work. See image (your piece on the right)

edit: It doesn't work in my case or these splines will serve as a gear, on the other hand for my screw it can work in a braked washer system. Méacoulpa because that was the purpose of my subject but since I use the same system for a gear I had stayed on my gear system (important) and not the ridged washer (subject of the message but much less important). Well, there are two valid answers for both systems.

cannelures.jpg
1 Like

Oh yes I see what you mean, you would have to cheat with the plan and apply the same angle to it as to the removal of material to compensate.

Maybe, in the case of a gear the important surface is the support surface which must be identical to have the maximum contact, I don't know if with your method the result would be the same as with a 3D sketch which to have this uniform contact surface goes through a propeller if I don't say stupid, Geometry is far from being my strong suit.

esquisse_engrenage.jpg