Create 1 more sheet a drawing of an unfolded one mm 3D file

Can we create on another sheet a drawing of an unfolded sheet metal part of the same 3D  CAD file while the first sheet represents views of the ununfolded model in Solidworks 2013?

thank you in advance

Hello

In principle, in your view palette, you should have a view in the unfolded state of your piece if you haven't inserted it into one of the sheets yet. So you just have to drag it on your sheet.

1 Like

Hello

The unfolded state corresponds to a configuration.

To select this configuration, you must either click on the scroll arrow in "Reference Conditions" or select "Unfolded State" in "Orientation".

Have a nice day

capture.jpg

Hello

I'm relaunching this topic, thank you for the answer Jose-accessa but it doesn't always work for me...?

Let me explain, on sheet 1 I have my part folded, on sheet 2 I have my part in the unfolded state (on the other hand, I am obliged to open my part and click on the unfolded state logo of my part so that it is displayed in unfolded state on sheet 2 of my drawing... already there's something wrong...??)

Second, I have 10 similar pieces to plan according to this scheme (sheet1 folded, sheet 2 unfolded)
So I copy and paste the drawing of room 1, I rename it to "plan room 2", I open it, on sheet 1 I select a view, right click, "Replace model" and I have my room 2 in my new drawing. On the other hand, it is either in the unfolded state or in the folded state on the 2 sheets... Impossible to have only the unfolded state on sheet 2...? The drawing follows the poster used in the part file (unfolded state or not) ... while for my plan 1 it worked...

Counsel?

Hello

Normally in your room you should have a derivative confuguration whose name ends in "FLAT PATTERN". It corresponds to your unfolded state. You just have to choose the right configuration in your MEP.

For the rework, I strongly advise you to take the composition to take away or pack and go. This allows you to rename and move your room and its plan along the way without losing the link!

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer remrem

I looked at this option under "baseline" and fixed the 2nd problem:

In the new copied drawing file, I replace the model by choosing "part 2", as previously on the 2 sheets of the drawing file the views are either folded or unfolded depending on the option chosen directly in the source file of the part (unfolded state or not)

The only thing that works is to unfold the part in its source file, leave "FLAT PATTERN" for the view of sheet 2 AND choose "DEFAULT" for the views of sheet 1, one by one...

I still find it heavy to have to open the room and be forced to unfold it so that the unfolded view is displayed in the drawing... Is it strange that it's not managed directly and simply with the drawing file?

Otherwise I don't know the take-home or pack and go composition? Tuto qq part? I'll find out but that's not the subject here.

Easier than "replace template", do file/open, choose the slddrw file, click on the reference button, choose the new template(s).

2 Likes