Automatically create a configuration

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if anyone knew how to automatically create a new configuration (name + increment) by dragging a part from the design library?

Thank you and see you soon;)

Hello

Add a new configuration to what?

By slipping a piece of library into an assembly?

If that's the case in my opinion, it's not possible!

Exactly by dragging a component into an assembly, actually a tube, and being able to create configurations each time a tube is added (to have different lengths).

Here!

No, we can't, we can make a macro for that, but the configuration track is dangerous because if the tube is reused in other  assemblies it's risky, and we'll end up with a host of configurations

In these cases, the best thing to do is to duplicate the component (you can do it directly in the task pane Design Library tab, copy paste and rename and then insert it by dragging)

In the myCAD tools there is cloneComponent which does this automatically with naming rules

10 Likes

You can use Configuration Publisher.

In the room where you will have your configurations, in the Configuration Manager (where you create your configurations), right-click on the first line and Configuration Manager.

This will give you a form each time the part is inserted into an assembly. If the requested configuration exists, it will use it, if it does not exist, it will create it.

4 Likes

Hello

You can also create a part model (prtdot) of your tube that contains the basic functions. Then, when you need it in an assembly, all you have to do is modify the dimensions, add functions, etc. and register your piece (SLDPRT).

But the different solutions proposed before are all good. It's up to you!

Kind regards

5 Likes

There are utilities developed by independent companies that allow you to create a part with "special" properties that allow you to define the targeted properties (dimensions, functions, file name, description...) when inserting your part.

Personally, I use "Clone Component" developed by MyCADservice (Axemble). It allows you to insert your part into your assembly as a part from the design library, to modulate its properties of dimensions, functions, it also allows you to choose between creating a new part that is saved under a user-defined name or simply creating a "fictitious" part that will not be saved next to it.

The big plus of this utility is that the inserted parts become independent parts, not at all linked to the basic part. You can modify your original part without affecting the inserted parts and vice versa.

However, this utility, like most, is not free. If your skills match those of a developer, you can try to create one for yourself but it's not given to everyone.

3 Likes

Joss.G, thank you for your answer.

I think it's the ideal tool in my case. What is its price?

EDIT: http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tools-et-macros/utilitaires/utilitaire-clonecomponents.html 60€

My question can we have this form of file name:

- PIPING NAME - 01 - PROJECT NAME. SLDPRT

- PIPING NAME - 02 - PROJECT NAME. SLDPRT

- PIPING NAME - 03 - PROJECT NAME. SLDPRT

- PIPING NAME - 04 - PROJECT NAME. SLDPRT

ect ect...?

Thank you!

Here is the link:

http://www.mycadservices.com/store/fr/apps/mycadtools.html

You have to choose your version of solidworks from the list, download the utility and you're good to go! You have the means to test the utilities for 1 month to see if they suit you.

Afterwards, in terms of price, I can't give you a price, I admit that I don't know, we bought a set of services where the download of utilities is included, I don't have any details.

Cdt.

EDIT: It's funny, I was looking at the same time how to create custom file names automatically ;) Little tutorial:

http://www.leguide3d.com/profiles/blogs/concat-nation-de-propri-t-s-personnalis-s

Here's how to generate automatic filenames, knowing that you can set any properties when inserting your part. Alternatively, the Clone Component utility allows you to include self-scrolling counters for part numbers, as well as Prefixes and Suffixes. I haven't looked into the question more than that but you should be able to do what you're looking for in no time at all;) Good luck

2 Likes

Hello

CloneComponents is available on Lynkoa for €70 minus a cent:

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tools-et-macros/utilitaires/utilitaire-clonecomponents.html

For the answer on the format of the file names it's yes

Names can be composed with property values, counters, etc.

4 Likes