Create a volume with two sketches or 8 points

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and I'm new to Solidworks.

I want to make a diagonal parallelepiped in two legs of a table. Thus: 

I want my parallelepiped to fit the shape of my two feet. These feet are not opposite.

Today I made my parallelepiped, but it doesn't suit me. Here are my problems: 

What I did: 

I created a plane , where I created a parallelogram with a sketch that I bossed. I oriented the angle of my plane so that my parallelepiped touched the edge between the leg and the table. Then I did an extrusion of material. The problem is that my parallelepiped does not fit the shapes of the feet (as seen above).

Is it possible to create two sketches of two parallelograms and have them joined together to obtain a volume? 

Yes, to create a volume according to several points (8 for my part)?

Or is there another method?

Thank you in advance,

Alexander.

montage_dafs.sldasm

Hello

"Is it possible to create two sketches of two parallelograms and have them joined together to obtain a volume. "

Are they two identical or different parallelograms? For the first case, extrusion must be used and the second straightening.

The resulting crossbar will in both cases not be very specific. Is that the goal?

Hello 

On my part what is built with a profile, and strongly recommended to model it with the welded construction, 

Regarding alignment, it is possible to align the profile with an edge, 

4 Likes

Thank you for your answer.

These are two identical parallelograms. I still have to use a second plane to create the angle, or will my volume be created with my two parallelograms?

"The resulting crossbeam will in both cases not be very specific. Is that the point?" I didn't understand.

Hello Lynk, 

I'm going to try welded constructions. I inform you of my progress 

Re

So I recreated my table with welded constructions and it works very well (and it's very fast).

Thank you both for your answers! 

Alexander.