Create a spline that passes through all points without exception on CATIA

Hello;

Is it possible to pass a curve (3d curve on Catia freestyle or Catia degitized shape editor) through all the points of a kite profile?

I don't know if we should do this manually by choosing the control point option in 3D curve? (I tried but this doesn't seem feasible to me!)

(thank you for watching the video control point 3D curve )

Example link (which illustrates my problem)

thank you in advance

Yours sincerely

Hello

This is possible by macro, but either the macro must be able to select the points in the right order.

on your linked image, the points are named iteratively: Point.1 ............ Item.97 

if the points are to be selected from 1 to 97  it can work

If you have to go from point 1 to point 9 then to point 2 etc you will have to define the order manually.

If your points are in a TXT or CSV file (sorted properly according to the order of selection) a macro can create them for you and connect them with a spline

It's up to you to see if it's worth it to make a macro based on your input data.

I'm going on 15 days off (finally) from tomorrow at noon (so no more access to Catia) and I have a lot of work to finish so I'm not sure I'll be able to try to make a macro that meets your needs until then.

Have a nice day

1 Like

Hello Vincent:)

Thank you for the answer. This gave me an idea of how to do it. I'm going to try to create a macro that takes into account a group of points each time and so on. Your idea is great. I hope I can do the macro correctly. I'll get back to you with the answer as soon as I finish. Wishing you a good holiday

Have a nice day

Yours sincerely

Hello

Here's something to help you get started.

In your vba project, you import the vspline.bas file

point_pour_spline.csv contains the coordinates of the points

Have a nice day

point_pour_spline.csv
vspline.bas

Hello, you can find under the CATIA help a macro for constructing curve(s).

CATIA Forum Is there a code that allows you to draw the points of an Excel cloud on Catia V5 please? | CAD (lynkoa.com)