Creating a Crown in Solidworks

Hi all

I have to make a tube with a semblance of a crown at the end under Solidworks. I started by making a tube, but I don't know after which function to use to be able to make this crown.

If you have a solution, thank you very much.

Kiki

Hello

See if it can help you. 

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/2d/comment-faire-une-virole-avec-un-bord-tombe-en-tolerie

If you don't want it to be foldable, you just have to cut the sketch of the diameter and use the 4th function from the top and left of my screenshot. In the bars that are vertical.

This is the Brushed Boss/Base function and the your sketch will need to be closed, tube and back with thickness.

1 Like

Hello 

You have the Bossage/Swept Base function which should be able to do this, but you will have to draw a sketch for the profile you want to extrude and a curve (which can be a sketch) that will serve as a guide.

Dimitri

1 Like

Hi Killian

What type of crown? 

I work in the world of drilling, I can be something to help you.

Jey

Hello

It would be interesting to know what type of crown to get. If it is of the beaten collar type (with deformation of the tube), stamped part (with a die), add-on part (welding) etc..

For the tutorial on the ferrule, I have a little trouble understanding the means used to make this part, at least to use a roller with shape roller ??

Have a good day everyone

1 Like

That's exactly it, p.guyader. First roll the ferrule on a normal bending machine and then we move on to a roller bending machine that we close as you roll.

2 Likes