Create a room from another

Hello

I have a piece that is in one piece, now the client wants me to cut this piece in 2. Can we extract or save these "two" pieces separately while keeping links if possible because I have functions that are common to both pieces.

Or I have to redraw one part and on the other I hide functions so that it doesn't appear.

Thank you

Kind regards 

Hello

Have you tried adding configs to your room?

Otherwise you can separate your piece into several bodies and then insert them into a new room. 

2 Likes

Hello

You create two more configurations so you'll have 3. Together, rep1 and rep2 and then in the rep1 and 2 configurations you do material removal to have only the part you want in the configurations...

5 Likes

Good evening

The answer of ac cobra 427 seems to me to be the best.

Alternatively, create the section plane or a section surface, and then use split to separate the part into two .sldprt files related to the first part file. Any changes to the source file are reflected in the secondary files if the split is at the end of the creation tree.

Kind regards.

2 Likes

Splitting the room and making 2 separate bodies is also a good solution.

2 Likes

Hello

You can save bodies and create an assembly from a multibody part.

Right click in the tree view / show show bodies / right click on your part in the tree view / save bodies. This function will create the unlinked parts for you as well as an associative assembly if desired . Any changes made in the original part will be updated for the other dependent parts (do a ctrl+q).

3 Likes