Spoon with smoothed boss

Hello

I would like to make a measuring spoon of this style with solidworks: https://www.usinenouvelle.com/expo/img/cuillere-doseuse-pp-fond-plat-10ml-007804930-product_zoom.jpg

For the hollow part, I want to make the general shape and then make a shell. For this I have extruded the shape of the upper part that I want to "connect" with the bottom of the spoon. I tried with the smoothed boss function but I'm not sure it's the right way to do it, because I get 2 green circles that I can move from one angle to another without convincing results (the joining is not done).

Thank you for your help.

screen.jpg

Hello 

For smooth brushing; You have to work with the two sketches on different planes and then you select your two sketches by clicking on CTRL and you select your function and that should be good.

2 Likes

Hello

The smoothed boss feature is the right solution, but what you need to know. This is because between the two sketches, you need exactly the same number of sketch points, otherwise the sketches will not be able to join properly.

In addition, by drawing and using guide curves, you can give shape to the smoothed boss to best stick to the shape of the spoon.

1 Like

Look, I just made a quick part in Solidworks 2016 to show you.

cuillere_avec_bossage_lisse_ac_cobra.sldprt
3 Likes