Cutting optimization

Hello

Can Cutting Optimization (mycadtols) do a barmaking in relation to a bill of materials?

My needs are: following anomenclature, to be able to take out a bar.

If you have any other solution, I'm all for it.

Thank you in advance.

Opticut ;) Software

For me it's one of the best!

Free up to 50 coins to optimize.

4 Likes

I have never tested this utility...... If @Bart think it's one of the best, I should look into it!!!

I use it linked with excel, I take out all my sheet metal or bar flows, with label, barcode etc...

I highly recommend it!

1 Like

For the download of the product is it really "opticut, boole & partners"?

Yes, that's right.

Boole and partners opticut

then you download. If you don't enter an activation key, you'll get the trial version unlimited in time but limited to 30 memory coins.

download Ok!

Bart!

On the other hand, have you reconfigured the formats in opticut?

e.g.:  <Material>; <Width>; <Height>; <Reference>; <Length>; <Quantity>; <Number of pieces placed>; <Fall rate>; <Net Fall Rate>; <Net cost>

Because I have an error message: '-----.txt' or '-----.xls' has a bad format.

ahahaha

I had a hard time understanding^^

Whereas it's very simple.

Basically, these fields (materials, length, etc.) are to be filled in if you work with excel or if you do exports or imports.

For the CSV import, each field defines a column in your excel

If you put Material first, in excel, the first column must fill in the material.

And for export in labels or other, it's the same delirium.

I'm going home now, but if you need help with the configuration, there's no problem;)

Edit: If you do your flow by excel, you have to save it in .csv semicolon. And respect the order of your columns as indicated in your options.

I'm attaching an image of my panel import options (i.e. the config of the import of the Excel csv sheet for a speed)

opticut.png
1 Like

Hello

To answer the original question, yes Cutting Optimization allows barmaking from one or more SolidWorks BOMs or flow lists.

@+

Hello coyote.

ok, so would it be possible to have some explanations?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, which ones?

Know how do you import an "exel" or "other" nomenclature on CuttingOptimization to get the bar out of it.

Thank you in advance

Re

It's not made for that, the tool is made to work directly with SolidWorks bills of materials and flow lists.

@+

Is a tutorial just perfect? or average? to learn how to use Cutting Optimization.

1 Like

A little tour of the help can give you a lot of indication.

What do you miss?

@+