In a part family table, how do I set up a BOM option? Thank you

Hello

I am in the process of redoing the screw bookcase for my company. By creating, configurations for different sizes of screws, washers, etc.

I'm having a little problem... I'd like to create a column in the "part family" table where I can set -> the default nomenclature option: "Configuration name".

This setting is used when inserting a BOM table to show the different configurations used in the assembly and not the file name.

Not having made this adjustment at the beginning (due to lack of knowledge of the option), I would have to go back to all the configurations to make the adjustment... Medium!!! (knowing that I finished all the files)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Virginia

capture_decran_2020-09-11_082733.jpg

Hello 

See this link among others

https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/import-export-formats-neutres/concat%C3%A9ner-du-texte-dans-les-familles-de-pi%C3%A8ces-solidworks

@+

Hello,@vkneuss,

I think this option is basic in your document template (that's how it is with us).  2 options either you check it on all your configurations or in your nomenclature you add a column with the property sw- name of the configuration.

may the force be with you.

1 Like

Hello

Why not add the Sw-Configuration Name property to your BOM  table, see PJ, and save your table as a

Cdlt

propr_tavble.png
1 Like

You can also do this in the family table by creating a new property  and copying the first column where the  configuration names are located.