Breaking down this hopper

Whoever knows  the solution of breaking down a hopper into four faces. I have to cut four sheets to cut with a laser. I use the cut option in the sheet metal function, one edge ok two, I have a message the geometry to cut out of the region is too complex. Four edges the same message appears. Thanks in advance.

tremille.sldprt

Hello

I suggest you use transition fold instead and especially transform into sheet metal, which is not currently the case

A few days ago an excellent tutorial was made  (See the video)https://www.lynkoa.com/forum/solidworks/rayonner-seulement-sur-les-extr%C3%A9mit%C3%A9s?page=1#answer-4049449

Remember that in your case the two squares of the sketches should be 1 or 2 mm open. So there is no need to use the afterthought function.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello @Pascal.bospac;

Reading you, you seem to be looking for independent cuts of the 4 sides of the hopper, which will then be welded... True or false?
If this is the case, and given the simplicity of the hopper, rather than "decomposing" a single body, volume or sheet metal, by several cuts, I would be tempted to "compose" it by means of extruded volumes, each side thus becoming an independent volume body.

After having created for each face of the hopper a named view that is perpendicular to it, it is sufficient to make a drawing view for each of these named views, to hide the bodies of the other faces, and to make the dimensioning.
Example attached (SW 2021), with modified hopper dimensions so that they do not have 4 identical faces, as well as the thickness of the sheet.

Kind regards.

tremie.zip
2 Likes

Hello

All you have to do is click on the inside of the hopper and make file save as dxf.

1 Like

Hello.

The three answers help me in my project, again a big thank you to all