Degrees of Freedom

Hello

Est_il possible to display the degrees of freedom of parts in an assembly?

Thank you.

1 Like

No.

But we can see if it is underconstrained (there is (-) in front of the part name in the FeatureManager)

and if it is over-constrained (SW signals it with red and a message)

5 Likes

yes ;-)

Boundary constraints

Boundary constraints allow components to move within the boundaries of a range of distance and angle constraint values. You specify a departure distance or angle, and a maximum and minimum value.

To add a boundary constraint:

1.  Click Constraint  (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Constraint.
  2. Under Constraint Selection, select the Entities to Constrain .
  3. In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Constraints:
    1. Click Distance   or Angle . 
    2. Adjust the Distance or Angle to set the starting distance or angle.
    3. Select the Invert Dimension check box to reverse the direction in which a Distance or Angled constraint is measured.
    4. Set the Maximum  Value and Minimum  Value to define the magnitude of the limit constraint.
  4. Click . 

A DistanceLimit  or LimitAngle  constraint is added to the assembly.

Advice: to be avoided on heavy assemblies

5 Likes

On the other hand, on Motion, we can see the redundancies of the degrees of freedom

1 Like

It's true that it's one of the few tools I miss in SW, while it exists in Inventor.

1 Like

Hello

Thank you all for your answers, unfortunately displaying the degrees of freedom should not be possible. Indeed stefbeno is possible under Inventor and it's very practical, too bad it's not under SW.

Alan. ERP can you detail (images, ...)  concerning the redundancies under Motion please?

Have a nice day

@ leblanc you also have another possibility if you want it

is to double the part that is moulting via an almost translucent or wired part

to position it at one end of your side (max side )

and your main piece in mini side

you will have your 2 sides min max

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Thanks gt22, in fact what I'm looking for is something like below that indicates the degrees of freedom remaining in an assembly, I know it's possible on Inventor or NX or Catia I don't know, but it's probably Inventor according to stefbeno. And it's very practical to make a presentation with images. 

1 Like