Moving Sketch Copy and Paste

Hello.
I am once again benefiting from your knowledge.
When I copy/paste a sketch, I select the sketch and by holding the "Shift" key, I can move it as a whole. But if I want to select a particular point on this sketch to, for example, constrain it with a coordinate system on my sheet, a point, for example, my entire sketch is deselected and, of course, if I move it, it distorts. How do you have a grouped sketch and be able to give it positional constraints in relation to an existing point?
Because for the moment, I place my selected sketch by zooming in as much as possible, but the latter, suddenly, is not constrained in relation to a reference. Hoping my question isn't too messy.
Thank you.

PS: despite my request to be notified of your answers by email, I never have any alerts. So I come haphazardly to see if there are any answers.

First of all, the sketch must be completely constrained segment by segment, otherwise it actually deforms, which is logical (for moving a point), otherwise to move the sketch or elements of a sketch, use the move function

Or use move entity.

Hello, before the copy, I put a point on the sketch, it gives me a point of reference. Then I copy and paste into a new rough sketch after I select all of them and move from the point

1 Like

Thank you. It's great. It may be silly, but I've been struggling with it for years.
Is there a book, a pdf file or something similar that lists the icons with their functions? Because when you look for an icon in the customistion, if you don't have its function exated with its name, it has to be sorted in a multitude of proposed icons.
Have a nice day

The various tutorials teach you a multitude of icons and features already:

Then each year the new ones appear.
And the rest is called experience.
The advantage of Solidworks is that there are 50 methods to do the same thing, as it is quite permissive. The danger is to do something not really friendly.

1 Like

Yes. Thank you.
But after 15 years, I'm having a bit of trouble getting through hundreds of videos, many of which I've saved on my PC in a dedicated directory. A glossary of commands would have been much more useful to me.

florent-penneras If we do a simple copy and paste, and we select one point, it deselects the rest and when we move one of the points, the sketch is completely distorted.

To be honest, I also discover from time to time the one on offer, I discovered it less than 5 years ago I would say, and yet it has been around for a long time. But the glossary is the online SW help:
https://help.solidworks.com/2024/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/r_welcome_sw_online_help.htm?ve
And there are so many functions that it's even worse than videos!
If you have a few days to lose, good luck!:rofl:

1 Like

You're right sbadenis... I have the bitter experience of it every day...