Unfolding incomprehensible sheet metal

Good evening everyone

Here I am again with  another method to try to build a sphere or rather a disco ball, I can't get out a unfolder worthy of the name for this piece of sheet metal after the 2nd removal of material

Before no problem, I would also like to print a text and then  do a material removal to pierce it following the text, did I make myself understood? Well a lot of question, finally thank you if there are answers I put a screenshot.

Marco

capture_decran_15.png

If the unfolded people start to be incomprehensible, it will be hard to bend them to our will ;-) ;-)

Don't hit the head  !!      anyway I'm far away ;-)

1 Like

Hello@Marco42

Can you post your piece with the main dimensions.
I think you should use the method proposed several times by @ac cobra (it seems to me) which is to start from a cylinder or portion of a cylinder that is quite easy to flatten.
On the other hand, if you want concave parts, it's not possible with SW.
If it is portions of a cylinder "the mirrors of the disco balls are flat" then the method of our eminent colleague seems to me to be the right solution.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

Can you share your room so we can take a look...

Good evening everyone

I put the file in attachment, by deleting material removal N10 unfolding it is done normally, thank you for your answers.

Marco

sphere-multipart-3.sldprt

Hello

In order to be able to unfold your piece, the one SI needs a flat surface, even a few 0.01mm are enough.

As @Pierre S says in your material removal 10 instead of 0 on the tip you put 0.0001 and it works.