Unfolding a Propeller - SOLIDWORKS

Hello

I'm in an impace, I need to make a conical propeller with a constant angle of 30° (which means that the pitch is variable according to my diameter)

After a lot of testing, I was finally able to make it in 3D (with an angle that varies between 26 and 33°) by creating a surface between two curves and then thickening it.

I would now like to be able to unfold this part in order to make it, problem: solidwoks does not allow me to do so.

Do you have a solution to allow me to have the unfolding of my propeller?

helice_maquette_cone.sldprt

Hello

There is a tutorial on this topic:

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tutos-formations/tutos/mise-a-plat-d-une-surface-helicoidale.html

2 Likes

Hello

I think that in your case the transition ply function with a propeller control would be nikel !!!!

I'm looking at this!

3 Likes

I went a little fast on the validation of my problem... I hadn't seen the tutorial I thank you for it on the other hand I don't have the possibility to unfold... The Bonton remains intoxicated

Here is an example!

sw01.sldprt
2 Likes

@ David Hi

We don't see your example?

@+.............

1 Like

Thank you David but I'm in 2011 version, I can't open your example.

Well in fact it works tip top thank you for your quick response.

To have access to the unfold mode, I just had to activate it in the tree....... :'(

A screen preview so maybe it will help you!!!

Draw the 2 "guide" propellers (inside and outside)

Transition folds and filling in your thickness. ( ( Be careful that the material does not cross each other after unfolding )

sw02.jpg
2 Likes