Disable features (with the same name) in a 1-time assembly

Is it possible to create a fictitious machining (feature) that does not appear in drawings? Or select multiple features in an assembly to disable when printing drawings?

Yes using a configuration

Before machining and after machining.

7 Likes

Hello

Yes, it's possible. You would have to create a folder with all the functions you want to delete while leaving them active then you create a config and there you delete the folder by left-clicking and delete.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice but I can't create a folder by selecting the functions (which have the same name in different rooms)

Otherwise, I'm looking for a solution to select in 1 click, the functions that have the same name. I found on the help the Search/Modify/Delete function with an icon with a pair of binoculars in the "Ouitls" toolbar but I can't find the icon. I'm on the SolidWorks 2015 version

You have to left-click on the function, and there is "Add a new folder". Then you rename your SVT file the functions that there are. To add functions, you have to expand the folder and drag the other functions you want to add to it. 

ajout_dun_dossier.pptx

Hello

In my opinion, the easiest way is to use the selection filter:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/Filtering_the_FeatureManager_Design_Tree_in_Assemblies.htm

By typing the name of the function, they will all be displayed.

Then by selecting them all (either by CTRL + click on each one or click on the first then SHIFT and click on the last) then a right-click => delete (or delete).

1 Like

Hello

The button to search for functions by name is in "Tools/Smart Selection":

You can add it to a toolbar by customizing it

capture.jpg
1 Like

I have the standard version of SOLIDWORKS 2015. Is this why I can't find the "Smart Selection?"

Are you comfortable in a room? This tool does not appear in an assembly or drawing

The solution I proposed is not suitable?

Hello

The filtering solution in the Feature Manager is good but it doesn't disable all selections at the same time. I have to do it one by one...

Indeed, I am in an assembly.

Hello

I sincerely think that the best solution is to put all the functions in a folder and make configurations with/without. Everything can be controlled from anywhere (part, asm, plans) and in one click. The work during the design is minimal...

If it doesn't seem coherent to you, would it be possible to put a view of the tree to get a more precise idea?

Here's a piece of my building tree. I can't create a folder to put all the "SENS FIL" function libraries. It may not be possible...

arbre_de_construction.docx

The principle remains the same as what I explained earlier, except that now you have an extra click. Namely to change the configuration in the assembly. You create a wireless configuration in the assembly.