Invalid descriptor

Hello

I end my day on a high note, with a message that prevents me from closing or saving my Solidworks assembly... Yippee!

In the early afternoon, my customer sent me two ACIS Format assemblies and they integrated perfectly with my Solidworks base assembly. Both are surface-based and native to Autodesk Revit. So far so good.

I had a few cutting errors (impossible to create a section there, it would form an invalid geometry), due to the fact that it was surface but that's nothing... I solved the problem...  Spend...

After a good half day working on this assembly (open in large design management), I wanted to record it (hey, can it be done?). Unfortunately, after a dozen attempts, I still have the same error message coming back and I absolutely don't understand the cause...
Whether it's when I'm trying to close my blend, save it or whatever... The fateful message appears and prevents me from closing Solidworks... Before throwing my computer out of the window (or turning it off), I would have liked to know if you knew about this problem and what it is due to? Do you have an idea?? (If I told you about the imported files before, it's of course because before these two assemblies, I didn't have any problems of this kind).

Thank you for your insights...

In the meantime, my pc will run at night, I don't want to lose all that;)

Good night!

PS: CF Image

descripteur_non_valide.png

If a save as doesn't work, no miracle solution, hence the usefulness of saving regularly, I've been fooled several times, so now I've put the message from SolidWorks "this document has not been saved since... " that we remove at the beginning because it's more tedious than anything else...

If you have activated the backup copy of SolidWorks, you can try to find this file and then copy it elsewhere and rename it (change the extension to hard) to see when it is old...

2 Likes

In fact this error is a sharing violation problem, see these links:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284247/fr

So a "take-home composition" should work!

3 Likes

The file that your client gave you, given the image, I guess it was compressed by Winrar or something like that, if that's the case we tend to open them directly and work on them while they are still saved in /Temp/! Not good! Let's see if that's your case!

Good luck in any case, the day will be long tomorrow if no one finds the solution!!!

1 Like

To save it or other.

As @Pl; There are plenty of ways to record, the take-home composition seems to be the best solution!

Good luck:)

1 Like

Hello

I had already read this link, @PL but it doesn't solve my problem, since since the beginning my file is in the same place and I'm the only one who can access it... Also,  this article is for Windows 2000 and I have W7 versions.

@David, basically, the building you see is my main assembly, the two assemblies I integrated are the partitions of the ground floor and the r+1, they were in a winzip file but I unzipped them and saved them afterwards on my computer before integrating them into my main assembly.

I didn't want to re-record my assembly as a take-away composition because I have my parts files that are well classified in a specific file...

So, I made a recording under this morning, after having struggled a lot, it worked well. I solved my pb, I hope it won't happen again...

Thank you for your answers!!

3 Likes