Drawing a room with 3 planes and their intersections

Hello

In order to represent a visual boundary in an assembly, I would like to draw a virtual part composed of 3 surfaces based on 3 planes and their intersections.

Can the community help me?

Thanks in advance!

capture.png

On which software?

on which software?

Edit: ah, the previous question was still published, sorry.

1 Like

Hello

On SolidWorks you can use the intersection curve between two planes or a solid one plane, etc.

Then, it is enough to remove the material by extrusion.

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Intersection_Curve_Tool.htm

I think it is enough to create sketches on the plans

in the Volume tab and create thin extrusions

The same goes for the other plans by creating the sketches at the intersection lines

and then to cut off by removing material what exceeds

but in any case it seems to me that you need 4 planes or surfaces to create a virtual space

where the problem is to find a point in a virtual space

@+

1 Like

apparently the planes are not perpandicular.

So 3D sketch then "boundary surface" or "filled surface"

Possibly thicken the surface (to 0.001mm for example) and make the part transparent.

2 Likes

The solution .PL not work because you can't select two planes in order to have a sketch of their intersections.

For GT22, how do I select the intersection lines?

For the others, I'm on Solidworks

Hello

The intersection of two planes is an axis, so maybe you can create the axes at the intersections of each plane.

Then, as Stefbeno said, draw lines in a 3D sketch using the axes and use this sketch to create surfaces (filled surface).

1 Like

For GT22, how to select intersection lines

It's up to you to create these lines via a sketch that you will have created on these said plans

which is moreover

via these lines it can allow you to call a ref base of another plan and etc....

@+