Different Outlook Modes in CATIA

Hello

I've heard (I've been told about it but the person doesn't remember where it's fixed) that there are different modes of perspective that can be selected in CATIA.

In other words, the outlook display can be adjusted in CATIA.

Do you have any feedback on this management of perspectives in CATIA?

Thank you in advance for your ideas.

Hello

If you don't talk about parallel /perperctive rendering style which is in display/rendering style/....  

As far as I know, you can change the scale of the perspective only in the "Sketch Tracer" module. In the "View Management" toolbar you click on the "Edit View" or "F2" button.

A green circle appears with an arrow, you move the arrow to change the perspective.

Have a nice day

Hello.

In 3D you can create a perspective camera view, in these properties you can change the angle of the view.

With the modules that I have, I can't plan this perspective view.

Edit: added screenshot

Otherwise, as mentioned by @gbadia, you can choose the type of parallel and perspective rendering.

In parallel mode, all strokes following the same direction are ... Parallel. This is the classic representation of a cube for example.

Perspective mode uses projections that use a vanishing point. The visualization therefore seems more stretched. Unlike the parallel mode, the perspective mode also allows you to enter the interior of objects.

You can switch between display modes at any time. Personally, I work mainly in parallel mode but the perspective option can be interesting for some presentations for example.

Also be careful because in perspective mode, the zoom tends to go very fast when you are close to objects. 

1 Like