Distance between two parts after deformation

In Simulation, you can use the probe to display the maximum displacement of a point, of an entire entity, or to display the distance between two points after deformation.

I try to obtain the maximum distance between two parts after deformation. So the distance measurement tool applied to features and not points.

All this in order to check the operating clearances of my machine and the distance between two parts to guarantee a watertightness.

Does anyone have an idea?

Marty

1 Like

Hello,  if you add the max strain value that the study gives you to your base rating it should give you your rating?

Kind regards

Hello and thank you for your answer.

The problem is that the two pieces are moving apart. As a result, the max of one of the rooms is not necessarily in the same place as the max of the other.

I used my talents as an artist to make you a magnificent (or not) diagram of the problem.

Hoping it's clearer like that;)

Marty

image.png

Well apart from adding the two maximum deformations to your basic center distance I don't see, in practice there is little chance that it will deform exactly like on the study so I don't really know.