Duplicate an extrusion following a helix

Hello everyone

I have a small problem because I would like to be able to duplicate an extrusion according to a propeller but I can't find how to do it.

If it's not clear I can attach other images

In the attachment I drew an X shape that I extruded and it is this shape that I will want to distribute all along the helix. Because I don't feel like doing it by hand from a multitude of shots.

I had thought about doing a material removal using the roll function but I have the impression that you know how to do this in a more elegant way.

A little help would be welcome

Kind regards

dupliquer_une_extrusion_sur_une_helice_-_vue_1.pdf

Hi Zozo_mp

can you put the WWTP without the form to duplicate? I'm still on 2016 for the moment.

2 Likes

Hello

Without the part not easy to see but if you can't repeat following the helix curve maybe by transforming this helix into a 32D sketch it will work.

To do this, create an empty 3D sketch, then select the helix and convert the entities.

Some functions that are not accessible from the propeller are thus accessible thanks to this trick.

2 Likes

Maybe take the problem the other way around: make a repetition of the cut (oblong rolled) following a curve.

Another possibility: don't merge your X shape, do a repetition of the body according to a curve and merge afterwards.

4 Likes

Hi @ Zozo

for my part I will proceed this way via removal of material following a 3D curve

See attached file

@+ ;-)

odic1_test1.sldprt
4 Likes

Thank you friends, I'll look at this right away :-)

@ Ac Cobra Here is the attached STEP file

I had thought of taking the problem the other way around as suggested but I was waiting to have your enlightened opinions. :-)

To everything'

flexure_axe_type_one__v1a.step

Hello Zozo,

It all depends on how you want to set the pitch of your openings, personally I would have done a winding too! (see attachment)

enroulement.jpg
2 Likes

Hello Michael

The winding function would suit me well (better) because the sketch is more complicated than the example I showed and moreover the spacing is not regular.

On the other hand, I have a question about the part you made because if the flat sketch exceeds the surface of the cylinder it doesn't work.

In other words, how did you do to do more than one trick with the same sketch.

Could you attach your piece because I'm with SW 2019 so I can all versions < or =

Thank you

PS: @ all of you when I'm done and to thank you I'll show you the part and the simulation of the deformation it might interest you. :-)

2 Likes

@Michael DELACOTE

I chose your proposal because it is what allows me to better master what I want to do and which is a bit complicated.

I didn't have any problems with the winding and I get the same result as you. On a previous part it didn't work but I think I didn't set the right setting.

@ All The other proposals are good but slightly less compared to my specific bp. I memorize the 3D sketch solution ( an empty 3D sketch then select the helix and convert the entities) because it will be useful for another part of the project.

See you soon to show you the result :-)

Do you no What! I'm Happy

3 Likes

Hello,

You should know that if the sketch exceeds the height of the part, the function will not wind, maybe that's what didn't work?

In any case, if it suits you, perfect :)