DXF

Hello

I draw an airplane, couple by couple to extract DXF in order to be able to make a hot wire cut.

My couples are drawn with the spline tool on a 3-view plane mounted on the front, right and bottom planes.

The problem is that when recording in DXF, I have to cancel the smoothing and hide the other couples already drawn.

Moreover, when I open the DXF in corel designate, the curve has only facets while when I draw directly in the 2D software I don't have this problem.

What would be the way to at least have a facetless layout?

capture.jpg

Hello @diiity,

My expertise in exporting to dxf format is very limited.
What I could see is that the SolidWorks splines are exported as splines in the dxf file.
It is obvious that your display/cutting software has the ability to interpret these curves. Isn't facetization simply a way for them to lighten the representation on screen? I think they need to offer an option to manage the graphics quality...

To convince yourself of this, open the dxf file with SolidWorks as a 2D sketch in a part, you will see that the splines are present and not facetized.

One question: rather than undoing the smoothing to keep only the sketch of your couple, you have an option in the dxf export that offers to use a selected face. You just need to build each fuselage section as a separate volume body, and make invisible those that might obscure the face you want to export.

One last one for the road: the use of splines for the guide curves in the smoothing functions would allow you to have tangent connections between the successive sections of your fuselage. Not fundamental for creating an actual mockup, but so much more beautiful in SolidWorks.
You can also try a single smoothing of the entire fuselage, and then make cuts through the shots of the couples...

M.Blt

tsr2-cnc1.png

Hello

Another good point.

Thanks for the  tips

Diiity