Solidworks and CNC writing

Hello

we have (always) had problems between writing in SolidWorks and applying it to the CNC (Passed by AlphaCam)

The problem is therefore in alphacam, with STEP and SLDPRT identical problem, writes do not work. (The cutter starts on the left, then goes to the right [Useless round trip] and does not finish the entries). This forces the mechanics to rewrite all the texts in AlphaCam, which is not fast or economical.

So I wanted to know if you had ever faced this problem and how you fixed it (I guess it's more of a problem with AlphaCam than SolidWorks .. but no idea).

Thank you

I just wrote not long ago, and never encountered the problem.

On the other hand, it's true that I use DXF files rather than STEP. With the DXF format, do you have the same problem?

Are Solidworks fonts available in alphacam?

Have you tried with multiple fonts?

From head to DXF it works.

And again in my head, yes my colleague had tried a lot of writing SolidWorks (And in principle available on other PCs)

Hello 

I don't know Alphacam, but for CNC programs from SolidWorks I recommend DriveWorks Express. There are many tutorials on the internet and it is directly integrated into SolidWorks and is free.

I don't think we could use anything other than AlphaCam,

The problem with DXFs is that depending on the writings, (De tête also on some 3D writing), the programs are much too big for the CNCs.

If possible, it would be necessary to write with only Arc of a circle, and straight line (Without spline).

The mono sw or I use the OLF SimpleSansOC

1 Like