Macro editor crashes solidworks

Hi all

A few days ago I changed my PC, I work on a Z400 workstation with Windows 7 Pro in 64 Bits, and solidworks version 2013 SP3 standard. Before I was under Windows 7 Pro 32 bit with the same solidworks

The problem is that as soon as I want to save or create a macro, solidworks instantly closes  with the error message "Solidworks should close blabla...... ", whether I go through the toolbar or the red "save macro" button it's the same, it crashes.

So I wanted to open my macros which ran perfectly under the 32 Bit but then he told me: Solidwoks cannot open the macro.......

I specify that this product with all macros, none of them work while under the old PC in 32 Bit no problem

I have been talking about the forums, I have updated the farmewok 3.5 etc..... it doesn't change anything! I am very close to macros, this problem slows down my work a lot!

Thank you in advance for your help.....

Hello

Have you installed a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Solidworks?

From memory, in 2013 there were different versions in the dotnetfx and vcredist between these 2 versions so if you installed a 32-bit SW version on a 64-bit system you must be missing something!

Kind regards

1 Like

Good evening

Yes, I did install the 64 Bit version.

But the 1st time I made a mistake, I installed the 32 and then the installation crashed telling me that the system was in 64.

So I started again with the 64....

I had the same problem.
It comes from a conflict with the KB3072630 update of windows
To see:
https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/techkb3072630.htm
https://www.logicalsolutions.in/solidworks-kb3072630/

In summary, it is necessary to:
- go to the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
- create a new DWORD: RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy of value 1
- reinstall SolidWorks (maybe repairing works too)
- change the value of RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy to 0

2 Likes

Hello "JeromeP" and thank you for your answer,

I followed the procedure indicated in your links but for my part I am not updating KB3072630.

Indeed, the solidworks site indicates many errors with macros if this update is present but as it is not there for me....

For the moment I got Solidworks 2018 SP0 back at my job, and I don't have a problem with this version anymore (I saw that it installed visual studio, I think 2013 didn't do it).

In short, everything is working for the moment with 2018 but no solution yet in sight for 2013.

Thank you,

Sincerely,

Anthony.

I didn't have this update either. I think it is installed by default on some versions of Windows 7. But I can confirm that it was the same problem when saving or opening a macro with Windows 7 64 and Solidworks 2013.

I even made reg files (attached) to facilitate the installation

solidworks_2013_installation_fix.zip
1 Like