Erase line on 3d surface

Good evening everyone.

For the past few days, I've been passionate about SolidWorks 2014.

(Without a job obliges, to occupy my head)

I've already achieved a lot of things, with the help of tutorials that I've taken here and there. (Video and PDfs)

So I come to glean the advice of experienced users or keen amateurs.

My first questions will be: On a sketch, to erase a line, an arc of a circle, an edge, etc... just use the "Fit features" function.

Is there a similar command to erase on a 3D surface?

(For example, the unsightly line that marks the junction of a ray with a straight line, and which remains visible after bossing or extruded)

My second question: On a 3D piece that I gave a brass metal appearance, in a bore with shoulder, the junction between this shoulder and the background remains in light blue, while everything else is the right color. (Even another bore on the other side)

What makes me get his blue lines?

Is it possible to change this color?

Is it possible to have edges of a color other than black? (For example, dark brown for a light brown piece)

Thank you and have a great evening...

Good evening 

If I understood your 1st question correctly, the line is still visible unless you change the visualization to real view: 

• Viewing > View > RealView graphics.

2nd question:

To change the colors of the edges, if I'm not mistaken, it's not possible, we can just change the color of the body face or full 3D, see the following link:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/Color_and_Appearance_of_Parts.htm?id=5af719360ddd4e2f9b6d64f9ca33504a

Mathieu

1 Like

See this page Toolbar View

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/r_view_toolbar.htm?id=466c0d09c5764fd0b4ad92cf301ad6d8#Pg0

Wireframe image

Apparent hidden lines

Hidden Deleted Lines (LCS)

Edges in Shaded Image mode

Shaded image

Do some tests you will find what you need

for your 1st question

Adjust tool adjusts,

To delete you click on your line press Dup button

for your 2nd question

If your appearance is on faces, when you modify these faces, it is normal that the appearance changes

If you put yourself in an ombré image you won't see your edge lines anymore

There are plenty of tutorials on the fofo see tutorial

Good night

@+ ;-)

1 Like

The Real View option is grayed out, so not accessible.

Here's what I get in 3:

chemineetermineeberyllium.jpg

Sorry.

I let it go. I'm used to forums, but here................

This site is too complicated to handle. 

I put a photo, and my answer goes off without me being able to continue typing...

Etc... Etc...  

Thank you and good luck...

@viking, when you insert an image, wouldn't you accidentally click on "publish". This button does not publish the image, but the entire post. Wouldn't that be your concern?

To come back to your questions and complete what my classmates mentioned, the adjust tool can be used very easily with the first option: smart adjustment. You left-click in your graphics window, and by holding the click and moving the mouse, all the strokes you cross will be cut off to the next intersections.

As for the edge colors, they can be changed, but only massively (all red, all yellow,... In Tools/Options/Colors) there is no option as you describe it (I've already seen this on SolidDesigner but not possible on SW.

For tangent edges on 3D, I think you can't hide them alone. But in the drawings it's possible.

Come on, come back, it's one of the best places to answer your questions... ;-)

1 Like

Good evening

I come back to the question of whether or not the decrees are displayed.

In the main window, at the top, click on the 6th icon (a half-transparent and blue cube) and make the different displays, there will inevitably be one you like.

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/r_view_toolbar.htm

Mathieu

sans_titre.png
1 Like

For tangent edges they can be masked or dotted. Look at the image, it's happening in Tools/Options.

screenshot318.jpg

No need to go to the options, just click on display then display and choose the display of the edge you want (see attached image).

sw_arrete_tangente.jpg
2 Likes

Oh yes too! We learn something new every day!

To answer the question about the color of the edge on a 3D part, simply uncheck the option "use the specified color for edges in shaded image mode". Otherwise, the color of these edges will be the one configured in the color settings. See attached image for more understanding.

Have a good day everyone

sw_couleur_aretes.jpg
1 Like

@Rim-b

On my workstation when I uncheck this option, it leaves me with black edges!!

If you set your workpiece to blue, the edge colors go straight to light blue?

Yes the edges change to light blue see attachment.

Maybe another setting, I'll look when I have 5 minutes :)

See you later

essai_en_bleu.jpg

It works like your images only on surface parts, or volume parts with errors. For the native SW and volume rooms, it's still black.

@benoit. LF

I don't see what the problem is, for me it works well.

FYI I'm in SW 2012 SP5

PC: HP Z420

Thank you to all of you.

Question: How do I put it in "RESOLVED"?

Have a nice day

just choose the answer and click the rectangle  this answer solved my problem

That's it and welcome back to us

@+;-)