Elasticity of a part

Hello

I would like to simulate the deformation of a polyurethane part according to the compression stroke. But I don't know how to do it or if it's feasible. 

I put an image in Pj, the polyurethane part is in red.

Thank you

Thomas

fuito.bmp

Slt Tomalam

Dsl I don't know proE but it seems to me that it looks like CatiaV5

You have to define the treats the contact sliding fixing and then you apply your forces on the cam arm

You can simplify your calculation by removing the brown piece and making only one block of the two gray pieces above

hoping that this helps you a little bit

1 Like

Hello

So unfortunately I am not going to tell you much about the possibilities that SolidWorks offers to simulate such containers because I only use ANSYS to do this kind of study.

Simply, to specify the environment: are you looking to carry out a study of the deformation of a polyurethane gasket for a hydraulic assembly in order to check a good tightness of the system (visualization of deformations/stresses)?

++

Yes, it is a fitting that allows waterproofing, but to carry out leak tests (leak detection).as a whole, I want to see if my compression stroke is sufficient to deform my gasket to the inside Ø of the part to be plugged.

So I looked on ANSYS what could be done in a case like this and it turns out that it's quite complex, so under SolidWorks I'm afraid it's even more difficult.

Concretely, it is a question of being able to specify to your software:

1. that your elastomer is deformable (fish coef. = 0.49) and that therefore your contact containers must be parameterized "free" because they will evolve over time during the compression of the seal;
  2. that a tightening is also to be defined with the maintenance of the latter;
  3. that you have to set the deformation by specifying that the volume of your elastomer is fixed.

And once all this is in, it is then a matter of checking that the tightness is ensured, which is done to my knowledge with ultra-complex German-style formulas if not visually...

In short, unless a mecha-flow software can allow this kind of study, it doesn't seem to me to be a foregone conclusion. But I don't use one myself, so maybe in this case someone else on this forum can help you.

After I can remind you of the good memories of the seal theory, which you will find in the Memotech for example or on the websites of the major elastomer suppliers (Le joint french, Norelem, Michaund-Chailly, etc.); but only the general conditions for the installation of a joint (height and width of the groove, pressure, etc.) are specified, and most of the time for traditional case studies.

++

1 Like

Hello

For me the simulation of this part does not present any particular difficulty on the other hand I would only model the joint by fixing one side and (under catia there is an imposed displacement function) by calling the displacement of your connecting rod on the other side, in the end after calculation you should have the displacement at the nodes which will allow you to know if your part is sufficiently crushed.

Kind regards

Bastien

1 Like

@Riky, @Tomalan ask about Creo, not SolidWorks.

In any case on SolidWorks I think you need the Premium Simulation module containing the calculation in nonlinear mode, so there is a good chance that under Creo it is not in the basic functions of the software either.

@+

1 Like

on solid with the bending tool it does it

See this tutorial from another FOFO

http://forum.solidagora.com/tutoriel-fonctions-flexion-t1402.html#p6026

hoping not to displease the administrator

it is only for the purpose of exchanging knowledge

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Thanks Gt22 that's exactly what I want to do but on Creo! I'm going to look a little bit to see if it's done. I'm going to try Bastien's and  Ricky's methods

Thank you

Well here I managed to get the displacement values according to Riky's method with Creo mechanic.

On the other hand I would have liked to see it in dynamic like the Gt22 video but I'll be satisfied with that otherwise I'll spend the day there:)

Thank you all