Mechanically welded elements on a sketch of a

I downloaded the database on 3D axemble of mechanically welded elements and I can't integrate a UPN for example on a sketch because of the design library, is there a manipulation to do in options? How to do it?

Want to add a profile to your library?

All you have to do is draw it and save it in the corresponding folder, respecting the order of the folders and subfolders.

1 Like

I think I understood, you downloaded your profile database, but you didn't put it in the right place.

You have to go to the Sw options and fill in the path of the folder containing the profiles.

View image

profil.png
2 Likes

yes but it gives me that

image.png
1 Like

To continue in the direction of @Bart, once you have filled in the correct path, you do not have to go through the design library but through the "Mechanically welded elements" function, from there you choose the profile that corresponds and you select the sketch on which you want to insert it.

Cdt

Joss

2 Likes

I think you just have to look in the first drop-down menu "Standard" in the image on the left:

http://www.lynkoa.com/sites/default/files/questions/answer/22/10/2014/image.png

We have all types of profiles here.

See the screenshot.

mecanosoude.png
1 Like

@kevin

Be careful, if you don't respect the order and the number of folders or subfolders the library becomes invisible.

2 Likes

The library on the right is used for already designed pieces, or for macros etc...

For the welding machine, everything goes through the mechanically welded function.

Organize your files properly with family/type/reference.

Then fill in this folder in the options as indicated above.

2 Likes

Here is a tutorial:

tuto 1

and a second

Tuto 2

With this, you all have to succeed =)

You just have to understand the logic of this function, and everything works;)

1 Like

It's a good idea for a tutorial by the way =)

1 Like

@Bart,

It evolved a little in 2014 the mechanically welded profiles.

Before 2014 you couldn't have configurations in your mechanical welding profiles.

So you needed as described above:

Create a "welded construction profiles" directory (note that I use the same name that SolidWorks asks you for in tools/options/file locations)

Subdirectories (Example: TUBES, COLD PROFILE,......)

Sub-sub-directories (e.g. CORNIERE, UPAF,......)

and finally put the "*. SLDLFP"

From SW 2014, you can create part families for your mechanic profiles.

As a result, you delete a subdirectory floor. that is to say:

Create a "welded construction profiles" directory (note that I use the same name that SolidWorks asks you for in tools/options/file locations)

Subdirectories (Example: TUBES, COLD PROFILE,......)

Then you directly put your files "*. SLDLFP" (with mandatory configurations).

I'm currently working on the creation of profiles with configuration. I hope to be able to put them online by Christmas for those who are interested.

6 Likes

@flegendre, personally, I'm interested in these profiles with configuration, if you can share them, it would be nice =)

Yes, @Flegendre I took a training course on this.

That's why I put 2 tutorials in the post. One for the old method, and another for the new method.

Personally , in mechanical welding, I only make commercial profiles that I have had in stock for years, so the old method suits me very well. Just download the file and everything is there.

After that, it's true that the new method is really very practical, he should have even thought about it before. But it takes a little time to design, unless you also download a ready-made file.

That's it =)

Edit: Of course I'm interested ^^ hehe

1 Like

Hi @ Kevin

Look at this tutorial for everything that is mechanically welded

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-la-mecano-soudure

@+ ;-))