Pressure rise due to temperature (Flowsimulation)

Hi all

After many hours of research, I turn to you.

As part of a thesis topic, I want to analyze the pressure rise of a gas in a tank when it is immersed in water at 100 degrees.

In short:
Pressure variation of a gas contained in a closed volume following the transfer of heat provided by a hot fluid (water at 90° at high flow).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Note:
I can't do it with flowsimulation. Maybe it's not the right tool for this type of simulation?
When I try to set up the simulation (2 fluids and a volume (extrusion of a circle with thin function and closure at the ends) I get the following message:Unable to find the faces associated with this element.

cylindre.png

Hello

If you can't do it, it's not because of the product, but because of a lack of control over it.

FlowSimulation is complex and not easy.

To achieve your goals: The volume must be completely immersed in water and you must select the inner faces of the volume representing the water...

1 Like

Hello

This is the right tool to use!

On the other hand, FlowSimulation does not know how to mix two fluids in the same field. You can do heat exchanges, but you need a fluid in one area and then the second in another area.

So I think your problem comes from trying to fill in two fluids in the same place.

So in this case we have to do an external study: with water as the main domain and in the sub-domain of the cylinder gas!

@+

1 Like

Good evening gentlemen,

Thank you for your help!

I try my hand at external study and I will get back to you.

Good night.

Hello

Otherwise, you should be able to estimate this using the ideal gas equation: PxV = nxRxT (you can find all the explanations on Wikipedia for example).

In your case V, n and R are constant, so you have a direct relationship between pressure and temperature.

Be careful, however, this formula can only be applied at low pressure (a few bars). On the other hand, it does not take into account the transient regime (it is not known how long it takes for the heat to propagate through the wall).