Location of the local view of the vault

Hi all

I decided to call on the community to remove one of my questions. I am currently in the process of setting up ePDM in my company (SME 50 people, BE of about 10 workstations) and my question concerns the location of the local view of the vault.

If I follow the administration guide of the software, the local view must indeed be "local" on the hard disk of each user and not on a network location. This does allow you to manage access and file properties (extraction) but suddenly, in terms of storage volume, each workstation hosts the same volume of data as the server, right?

If the company's CAD data set represents 200GB then I should reserve a slot on each 200GB workstation to be able to receive the entire local view of the vault or am I missing something?

Thank you for your future assistance.

Cdt.

> terms of storage volume, each workstation hosts the same volume of data as the server, right?

No, and fortunately. The vault will automatically download only the files that are viewed. Then there is an option called "Clear local cache" allowing you to clear your cache if it becomes too large. It is also possible to do it automatically when I launch the PC if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: For example, currently on my workstation there  is only 650MB of data.

2 Likes

But how to visualize the volume of local data because I just did the test by adding a 250MB step in the vault and then archiving it.

Without the step there is 450MB of data, adding the step, going to 700MB, archiving the step by deleting the local copy and I still see 700MB of data.

Now I don't have to look in the right place because I just right-click Properties from windows explorer on the icon of my vault and I'm not sure that by doing this I can see the local data but the data of the vault....

I don't know if it's clear but thanks for the help.

Now I don't have to look in the right place because I just right-click Properties from windows explorer on the icon of my vault and I'm not sure that by doing this I can see the local data but the data of the vault....

Indeed, in this way we can see what is in total in the trunk and not what we have locally.

To see what we have locally (I use a not so great method, I don't know if there is better). I just do "Window key + R", then I write the path to my vault and the first folder (Not the root), like this:

"C:/MY SAFE/premier_dossier", then click on "OK". This will open the local folder and not the one in the vault, then just go back to the root, select all the folders in the vault and do a "Right click -> Property". And we will have the space used locally by the trunk.

I hope I've been clear enough.

Edit: here is a screenshot:

When I right-click property directly on the trunk (You can see the 34.5GB)

What I really have locally

What I have locally after doing a "Clear local cache"