Gear geared by driven circle involute

Hello

I used the document from one of the Solidworks guides in your resource database, I then applied it to a new model.

The steering part of the equation goes smoothly, but I have a problem with the coupling (the inter tooth angle & integral teeth with the tooth). At the moment I don't go around my circumference in automatic.

By duplicating the sketch in order to make the Solidworks bug-free spline adjustment as advised.

If I respect my number of teeth of 22 teeth my parameter.

My problem comes from joining the base circle origin of my spline parameter curve and creating the foot diameter junction. Not easy to describe, I lack a connection radius.

I have a parameter angle profile of 4° (360deg/( "z" * 4 )' angle profile.

The gear of the guide has on the screenshot figures, a tooth that starts at the base circle but has no link with the foot circle (does not exceed this altitude, limit threshold);

If someone can tell me the origin of my problem to have a gear with a generated tooth and his foot!

Thank you for the guide provided and have a good end of the day.

engrenage_parametre_22_dents_pilotage_developpante_de_cercle.sldprt

Good evening

Do you use the GB standard after integration into the toolbox. Without the GB standard,  the toolbox gears are not real gears but only approximate representations.

Kind regards

[HS ON]
pure curiosity on my part ;-)
You would have to know why you want to make precise gears when these are available in all sizes and all off-the-shelf modules with additional machining possibilities. Even once the 3D drawing has been made, the gear itself remains to be made, it is very complicated: machining, heat treatment, grinding, metrology, etc...
[HS /Off]

1 Like

Hello ZOZO,

I need a generated 3d model as close as possible to the circle involute, I don't use the generation from the toolbox I share your opinion on their geometry............ I don't want to do it by machining or subcontracting.

I have recently been using different metal printing machines, many anomalies with gear printing using a process post-processing  operation then sintering long baking period with cycles that give me not satisfaction on gears with very thin non-compliant modules (making a micro reducer for a miniaturized drone my 3D model is not flawless either, which is at the origin of my questions about the junctions of the global profile.

The gear in the firing phase is defeated by gravity and therefore a visible flare without going through metrology (optical profile projector old machine (a cone is created that does not exist on the 3d model, basically like a sandcastle of my childhood but at a price difficult to accept, a second SLS machine by  powder but with grains that are not all calibrated at the base 60 microns but the finest are ejected by the gas flow for inerting and therefore shortages depending on the direction of the flow, creation of savings and lack of density.

In addition, a problem of force-feeding difficult to grasp, pass the radius of the printing disc, I load more than 200% of my powder volume but the layer is variable, bow phenomenon according to the profile of the layers swept from the previous layers by the beam.

So I want to eliminate the problem of a source file closer to the ideal geometry already.

Thank you for your message.

I'll go back and complete the settings next week.

You have to take your mind off things and live for yourself.........

Have a nice weekend.

Spectrum.

Good evening

I have found the equation that is missing to define the involutes of the circle.

Kind regards.

Spectrum

engrenage_ok.pdf

Hello @spectrum 

Thank you for sharing with us what you do in metal printing.
It's very interesting, but personally I still have doubts about the ability of these techniques to provide parts with degrees of finesse that would absolve us of having to do a machine rework.
I think that part of the problem comes from the precision of the machine's movements, independently of those you mention, inherent in all the phases of post-processing.
There are now small specialized machines (for small parts) that work at the micron level but the tables use compliant systems with a very very repeatable level.

Bravo for finding the missing equation! ;-)
How about a little "home work" for our community that would be very useful! Could you make a mini tutorial that would explain how to make one or more gears with the method you used.

Kind regards

PS: can you publish an image of the final result obtained in print3D. ;-)   Otherwise you'll be haunted by the specter :-)

Hello

We also have doubts about the tolerances to be guaranteed........

The surface condition is impacted (the weft remains visible even after being put in the oven), and the other is missing..........

The big difficulty is to evacuate 100% of the resin that remains present, hence the difficulty of having a high density of the part.

On a color powder HP, the problem is also to break the gangue around thin parts without traumatizing the surface and especially to provide for evacuation if layers generate physical pockets  during printing, not at all obvious. Its orientation influences it is normal its mechanical characteristics, formation of strata.

I just want to discover and expand rapid prototyping, it remains experimental for my part, not the will to produce, but I agree with you, machining will not be competing for mass production, nor many other processes, it is an alternative on materials that are difficult to elaborate;

I will do a tutorial in the next week and pictures of the impressions obtained.

Have a nice weekend.

Spectrum.

Hello

FYI, there is already this as a tutorial.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello, have you solved your storage problem? For my part, I have the same problem. but no parametric 3D available.
Do you have a solution?
Thank you.