Material removal in bent parts

Hello

Now that you have explained to me how to unfold a bent sheet metal from the estrusion.

I have to create material removals, I know that in a piece of pure sheet metal you have to unfold the folds, but in this case I can't do it.

On the other hand, if I do a removal of material, it seems to follow when flattening.

My question is quite simple, is this the right method?? Or should I reconsider my construction.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

Sat

Hello

If your material removals appear well on the development of your piece, it doesn't bother.

It is sometimes necessary to remove material in a developed configuration when it is located in one or more folds.

Can you take a screenshot to see the tree and the 3D?

Thomas

1 Like

Hello

Send us your file or a screenshot of your creation tree so that we can better understand/

Thank you

Kind regards.

+1 @ Tomalam,rmorel

A picture is worth a thousand words

@+ ;-)

There you go

dev_ext.jpg

If you drag your folding and unfolding functions to the bottom of the shaft I think it won't change anything

to check that your holes follow your cut in unfold in theory for me they will not be round

@+

2 Likes

Hello

For me the method is good, however be careful to do the removal of material with the function of the sheet metal menu, because there is a specific option to "straighten the folds" in the cut.

In fact in the unfolded if you have a perfect circle it's not good, the circle cutout actually becomes slightly oval when unfolded if the option is checked (normal material removal)

@+

Yes, I do have a slightly oval removal of material, when unfolding.

Which seems normal to me.

Kind regards.