SW material removal on imported step file

Hello

I downloaded this step (see attachment) via this link:

http://products.ensto.com/catalog/15086/product/22106/OABP304013G_ENG1.html

but the problem is that with SW I can't work with it because I'd like to do a material removal to leave room for connectors.

Could you help me please?

Thank you

oabp304013g_pk2.stp

How is it blocked ? I just opened it and saved it without a hit!!

2 Likes

Hello

One of your parts is on the surface, you have to start by converting it into volume. The other is directly converted into volume.

@+

Edit: to do this, run an import diagnostic on this surface.

2 Likes

As said above, it must be converted so that it is entirely in volume.

Then, make a plan at the desired location to remove the material.

1 Like

It's the biggest part that I'm worried about.

Indeed, I can't convert it into volume. Even if you apply the import diag to it.

Could you please try?

Thank you all for your advice

I'll try when I get home and send you this back;)

Enclosed is the corrected piece!

The removal of material always bugs surprisingly but with the split function it works!

oabp304010b-correct.sldprt
2 Likes

Re

The diagnosis makes it possible to see the problematic surfaces (face of the downhole tapped in the 4 fixing holes of the box). So you have to rework them or remove them if you don't use them. Then sew everything together to have a volume.

@+

1 Like

Re

Looking at the part sent by @David be 3, I realize that I don't have the same recuperation. I have an assembly of 2 parts, one of which is on the surface.

So I think you have to start by looking at the import options enabled. For example, by checking the Brep import option, I have even more results.

@+

It works

Thank you David be3 you took a beam off my foot.

Thank you again for your help

1 Like

Hi Sebatsien,

In order to improve the reading of this question by future users, and to reward the participants of this thread.

Please select the best answer since your problem seems to be solved.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you all