Remove icons reversed alignment constraints

Hello

Everything is in the title, I would like to remove this little icon after having made a constraint on solidworks 2020.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

Slts

2020-10-21_08h46_58.jpg

Hello

it's a new feature for 2020 that allows you not to open a submenu (a bit like when you make  a constraint with the quick contexual bar ==> part selection A==)> CTRL ==> part B selection. This places the parts by default except that they are sometimes in the wrong direction.
This icon disappears as soon as you have validated your constraint or click on something else or in the void

@Tous Watch here at 0:44     ;-) ;-)

Kind regards

PS: there are plenty of new ways to do the constraints with the 2020 version that save a lot of time for example it is no longer necessary to open a part to copy it into the asm, etc.... For example, we select the hole of the part to be assembled and by holding the part and moving it over the assembly, it will identify all the holes that go with the selection and position the part a priori. This is more sophisticated than what exists in the 2019 version, such as centering on a profile.

Thanks for the info.

For my part, it's annoying because after doing my constraints, I have to click once in the void to be able to continue, so when I chain several constraints, it quickly becomes annoying.

It's good that solidworks adds options but it would be better to be able to remove them too....

Finally, I think I would have no choice but to get used to this new gadget which is useless for my part.

1 Like

@gwygwy ;-) ;-)

In fact, no need to click in the void (Iwas only answering your question how to make it disappear) as soon as you do something else (like doing another constraint or any other action, it disappears by itself) Because this function is only linked to the last constraint set.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

To reassure @gwygwy  sometimes the icon does not disappear, it even remains on the SW background screen once the assembly is closed.

1 Like

You have to wait a little before she disappears and it's this little time when she is present that bothers me.

Because once the constraint is made, this icon follows the mouse and when I want to click on a face or something else, I can't.

As in the attached video, at the end I want to click on a face but this icon prevents me from doing so and I have to click on the face again for it to be selected.

2020-10-21_12h48_47.mp4
1 Like

To make it disappear permanently:  just right-click in a toolbar -> Customize and uncheck "Show reverse alignment" (see Attachment )

e2.png
1 Like

The issue is resolved with the 2020 SP5 update

1 Like