Remove transparency when editing a part in ISOLATED mode

With Solidworks 2014 SP2.0, when I isolate two parts in an assembly and then edit one of the two parts.

I would like the piece that is not edited, not to be transparent (see attached file)

This option is available when the rooms are not isolated, but in isolated mode where is the option?

editer_une_piece_isolee.jpg

Try the 5th icon on your screen representing 3 rectangles (young, green and blue) "Transparency of the assembly".

Edit: OOPS indeed the command is active but does not work when you isolate the parts. And I'm on 2013... Bug recorded at SolidWorks?

Hello

Why not disable transparency completely when editing a part.

Tools/Option/Display Selection 

@+

edition.png
1 Like

Maybe by creating a display state but otherwise I don't see

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_Creating_a_New_Display_State.htm?id=3ee1262850904943bf16c5f4fd0c0140#Pg0

stupid question but what is the use of it

Edit the part in isolated mode.................. Just open it, right?

@+ ;-)

It's a bug I think as benoi.lf says... Because no opacity shows up in isolated mode, even with the right options checked.

transparence_vs_opaque.jpg

Sometimes when working in a huge assembly, you have to isolate two parts to make them references to each other,

So at this point we use this method. Personally I don't use it, the question is for a colleague.

1 Like

Re

Ha yes indeed.

Didn't it in the older versions?

If so, you have to report the information to your reseller so that he can report the bug to SolidWorks.

@gt22: editing a part allows you to make the modification from the assembly and in particular to be able to attach to another part of the assembly and isolating allows you to keep on the screen only the "n" parts concerned rather than viewing the whole machine. So I find the approach very logical, right?

@+

It doesn't seem to be a simple bug because when I check again, I have the opposite problem of @tsimard: when I edit an isolated part, it is necessarily opaque and I can't make it transparent.