Body Registration

Hello!

When creating a central stringer staircase, I have to export my tubes from the stringer to IGS to send them to the laser cutting, I also have to save them 1 by 1 with the save bodies function and put each parallel tube back to the xyz axis, otherwise my cutting software does not recognize it. (We work with TubeT laser, a Chinese software....)

Sometimes the registration of bodies goes smoothly but I get this message that sometimes appears (C:/programfiles/solidworkscorp/solidworks/.sldprt. The above file name is invalid) and I can't save as I want. Has anyone ever encountered this problem please?

Attached is the screenshot which is not very clear

2020-11-13.png
1 Like

Hello Benjamin

an idea like that!

Your software is Chinese and maybe they haven't provided all the unicode characters. I was fooled like that once with pieces from Turkey that used unusual characters in our latitudes and longitudes.

Try to capitalize everything (no accented letters) without white space (to be replaced by -  ). You can try on the recalcitrant part :-)

Kind regards

5 Likes

Hello @Zozo_mp 

I tried your trick but it doesn't work either

Hello 

You can try to go to the solidworks folder (C: progamfiles/Solidworkscorp/solidworks) 

Right-click on the folder ->Properties -> Security tab ->Edit and select "full control" valid, close and test,

If it doesn't work, do the operation by going back to the solidworkscorp folder

Have a nice day 

1 Like

It worked! Thank you very much @theo.cuadrado 

1 Like