Unable to register

Hello

When saving an assembly, I have the following error on one of the parts:
"An unknown error occurred while accessing D:\m... \.. \PE P7 e8.sldprt"

This error occurs regardless of where I save the room using the "save as" function.

How can I not lose my job?

Hello

If you work on a domain or with ePDM try locally.

It sometimes happens that we cannot save. Sometimes, despite the error messages, the changes have been saved.

Hello, 2 solutions:

Try "save as" by changing the name

Make a copy of your part in Windows Explorer and try to open it on another sw session (without closing the first one)

Are you on SW2015?

I specify that I am simply trying to save the coin after changing a value of a dimension. I tried "save as" as specified in the initial question... I tried on all my records... unbelievable that you can't record your work!

And a composition to take away?

doesn't it work either?

Hello

and saved the part without changing the value and then close everything and re-open the part without opening the assembly and modify it?

Hello

It often does it to me too, I don't know if it's related to the . TMP but the only way I find to fix it when I have this bug is yes to save it under another name...

Then with solidworks explorer I rename it once the assembly is closed...

Kind regards.

Then either the file is corrupted (bad export or copy, or title with special characters)

Or it's a software bug.

It's not common, but it can happen from time to time.

A tip: activate automatic backup =)

None of these solutions worked. I couldn't wait any longer, so I closed the file and lost my work. A few minutes later (3 hours and 15 minutes after the request), the audience called me back, but too late. 4h30 wasted

Did you save it on your hard drive? or in USB? because it can also happen that a disconnection happens, but for my part the name  change for the recording worked.

ctrl+S has become a reflex for me mnt:)

I tried all the disks I have: SSD, HDD, USB, NETWORK, ... change of name too...

This is why it is advisable to have an automatic backup every 10 minutes.

It is  enabled by default I think. You were not able to make a copy to send it to us?

What was the precise name of the file with its full path?

Indeed I just found the automatic save (25 min apparently), but impossible to open the file "An error occurred when opening your file. Contact Support »

sauvegarde_automatique_de_pe_p7_e8.sldprt
1 Like

I've already had this pb and I too the automatic save was broken. On the other hand I have already made up for it by archiving the file (it doesn't work every time)

Sometimes there is an error in the template tree and this causes the backup to mess up:

I had the case yesterday with a drawing, a detail view showed an error in the model but not the other views. After deleting the details view possible recording

Overall it's a mystery...

1 Like

I have popups for every action on the forum, so I have to mark this topic as resolved. It is indeed solved since I closed my play without being able to record it.