A3 to A4 PDF recording

Hello

Here's my question: I wish I could change the SOLIDWORKS print preferences when I save my plan as a PDF (or other solutions).

We use the compositions tool to take with you for each new project (starting from different past projects), once the project is finished we save it in PDF in order to print it on paper in A4 afterwards.

The plan templates were created in A3 and therefore when saving PDF and then printing the plans on paper, they are in A3.

(I know that you can change the printing preference at this time, but most of the time people forget and so we throw away a lot of A3 paper, which hurts our little trees, that's why we print them in A4 now).

I hope I have described my problem well!

Regards, Alrick.

Hello

For my part I use this program to make PDFs
https://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator

It will create a printer that you can automatically configure to the format you want
However I still have the old version, but I think the new version they have improved :)

It may be able to help you

Good afternoon

Steve

2 Likes

Hello

We also use this software but have a problem with the configuration, when printing PDF the line and text printouts are of very poor quality.

We found another software however that prints much sharper and the file size is almost divided by 3 (PDF X-Change lite )

Thank you for this answer anyway.