Enterprise PDM: Configuring @

Hello

we have a problem with EPDM from time to time that we "solve" but don't understand:

On some items, it is not possible to change the state: "Transition conditions not met". The solution comes by displaying the @ configuration and then filling our coin counter at a minimum.

If I understood correctly, the @ configuration is intrinsic to the file and is not related to the other configurations (Default ...).

Has anyone ever had these kinds of problems and have you solved them?

PS: I would like to point out that the problem is not frequent. When taking a new item (which tonight "save as" or creating a new one), the problem almost never appears ! 

EPDM is not a program that was developed by Solidworks and for Solidworks but a software that Solidworks has acquired.

This partly explains the fact that a certain number of features are not yet well managed between EPDM and Solidworks (revision table, configurations, etc.).

@ matches the properties related to the files. For EPDM it is managed in the same way as those related to configurations while it is identified differently in SolidWorks. In order for EPDM to still manage the properties of the file, they had the brilliant idea of using the same management mode as for the configurations, but giving a bogus name to this tab (which the configurations cannot have because it is a special character).

So I spent days configuring the book so that EPDM doesn't have fun creating properties anywhere (we have properties related to the file and others related to the configurations)

In EPDM Windows Explorer, the first tab is the preview. If you enable the variable view, you will see that EPDM handles variables for all configurations (including the @ which corresponds to the properties of the files).

It could be that you have a condition in your workflow that refers to a variable and that variable is not filled in correctly on some files (hence a seemingly random bug).

If you want to know, you have to edit the transition in the workflow in the administrator tool to see if you have any particular conditions.

Normally you should have the necessary tools to solve your problem

Thank you for this very precise answer!

I think it comes from the workflow, but being an administrator of SW/EPDM for 2 months, I am still discovering. I'm going to keep digging around and looking at the variables.

Thank you for your explanations!