EPDM - Tree Copy - Rename Files

Hello

Until now we used the "Compose to go" function of SolidWorks, but after some reference problems, the SolidWorks support told us that we had to use the "Copy Tree" function of the EPDM.

Our problem was that with the "Compose on the go" function, we could rename each file individually and easily.

But I haven't seen any similar function with the "Copy Tree" function. (Except for the "Transform" button which according to the documentation would more or less match, but from what I've seen it really doesn't seem practical and it's not really what I want).

So if anyone has any idea how I can rename the files (if possible during the export process, so I don't have to redo everything afterwards by hand).

Thank you. KVuilleumier.

1 Like

you need to change the name in "Target path"

copie_darborescence.jpg
3 Likes

By right-clicking on "File name", you can choose whether to display it or not. You tick it off and you extend the colon until you see the end of your target path. You'll see your number, you just have to change it.

PS: Before changing your Number, remember to put your target path (destination folder) first.

3 Likes

Indeed, thank you very much.

Well, I find it a little less practical compared to the "Composition to go" function because the whole path is visible.

If someone has another solution, they can always give it. I will now go and see if it fits.

1 Like

This option is good when you make a copy of a lot of pieces in one go. ;)

1 Like

EPDM 2015 brings a lot of improvements to the copy tool: let's see if it's interesting for you to migrate

1 Like