EPDM - automatically flush local cache

Hello

Have a solution to automatically flush the local cache?

Being a simple consultant, I would always like to get the latest version of the file without worrying about the local cache.

Thank you

Hello Gary,

ePDM always checks if the cached file is at the latest version if you have put the right option in the user or group settings (see attached screenshot). 

The cache is there to "boost" the performance.

Systematically clearing the cache would be to the detriment of this performance.

That said, to answer the question, I don't know of a method to automatically delete the cache.

We empty it manually...

But I will look to see if a solution is not possible...

epdm.jpg
2 Likes

There is a small utility (developed by the EPDM consultants of Axemble Nantes, it seems to me) called EPDM. ClearLocalCache.

it is therefore possible to add the executable file of this utility to the Window Task Scheduler and that's it!!

We tested it at home, it works well (automatic emptying every lunchtime between 12:30 and 13:00), but after a time of testing we deleted this program from the scheduler. Indeed, the interest of the cache is to have the files locally to load the assemblies as quickly as possible.

On the other hand, we use this app for the following advantage:

We clear the cache manually via this utility (shortcut on the desktop). After a "local cache dump", this utility automatically adds the latest versions of a certain number of documents to our cache. All of our SolidWorks options are in EPDM (SW document templates, blocks, material data SW_Base, SW_Cotations_Annotations_favorites, SW_Fonds plan,.....  ), each time EPDM is run. ClearLocalCaches each cartoonist to the latest SW options.

2 Likes