Clean up SolidWorks menus, make it more user-friendly

Hi all

As a matter of style, how do I clean up my SolidWorks 2015 menus? I currently have a lot of icons and menus in gray (see attachment).

I'd like to get a nice software like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O015nRTzR9E (it's in 2012)

In short, it's certainly not very important for some, but I want to ;) it!

Thank you!

barre_outils.jpg

Hello, just right-click on your toolbar and you uncheck what you don't need, regards;)

2 Likes

Thank you j.besnier but it doesn't look as clear as on the video... Can the grey colour also be changed?

You personalise your menus.

On the video, there is only the bar: order manager, it seems.

The other menus are not displayed (since they are already in the manager bar) (e.g. the mycadtools bar, you already have the tab.

So in tools/custom  or in display/toolbars  and you deselect the duplicate ones.

or right-click (previous solution)

If that's your question obviously...

And for the gray color: I don't think it can be changed, since these are the functions available depending on what you do.

1 Like

Hi Aurélien,

Personally, I don't use a fixed toolbar. Because it takes up a lot of space and makes the interface messy. In addition, I reduced the interface with only the icons (without the text).

I'm always surprised to see screenshots with toolbars attached on all sides

I use the order manager. It works like Office products.

It adapts to the current activity, sketches, functions...

Then I use a lot the menus at the end of the pointer that appear with the [S] key.

After customization, they are very practical and save time.

capture.png
5 Likes

Agree with @remrem,

For years I have been using the Order Manager exclusively and have just adapted it to my needs. Everything is condensed, accessible and always in the same place.

It also has the advantage of being more easily disseminated to other colleagues. Before, with the toolbars all around the screen, it was always a subject of debate when you released a new sldreg!

3 Likes