Equation in a MEP (SW)

Hello

I'm trying to make the values of the notes automatic according to the scale of my page with an equation like this: 1/'SW-Sheet Scale)'/20

Only it doesn't work

How can you create an equation in a mep? The usual function is obviously not available.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

Thank you in advance!

echelle_mep.jpg

Hello, putting the "=" sign in front of it doesn't work?

What if you create a custom property, with your formula in it, and you recall your property in your annotation?

No, Bart!

Nothing to do...

I tried through the custom properties, or directly in a note, and impossible... It doesn't work.

It's suspicious. He must have a trick!

1 Like

I'll admit that I'm drying up here.....

I am looking into it on my side;)

@Lespetitspieds,

Do you have it on all your plans or is it on demand?

If it is on request, why not make a part of your ruler (possibly with configuration to adapt to the different scenarios: part of a few millimeters or frame of several meters) and insert a view of this ruler at the scale of the sheet?

3 Likes

I even tried by inserting a general table and then putting an equation in one of the boxes, but it doesn't solve!

Anyway, I don't know how I will have retrieved the result to assign the value to my rating...

@Benoit.LF

It's not stupid at all what you're saying there!

In fact, it's for all levels of a business, so it obviously evolves according to what's on this level.

I'm going to do a test.

That said, I'm not the only SW user in my company, nor on this case, it must remain something simple to use.

1 Like

"It's not stupid at all what you're saying there!" It happens to me sometimes... :-D

On a case..., I see..., I had to do it a few years ago for a client, I had first made a block of it, but with the risk of not scaling it up. The part solution was the most reliable, but if you have to provide the SW files natively, you have to provide the ruler.sldprt! With what it can cause in terms of problems with the coding of CAD files!!

And why not... Simply draw the scale ruler (the rectangle) in an empty view and then associate this view with the scale of the document

This would make the size of the legend associative at the scale of the plan

4 Likes

@jfaradon

In fact, your solution would change the size of the ruler depending on the scale of the page.

While in my case the ruler is always the same, only the values (notes) need to change.

Thank you anyway...

1 Like

To complete the Jfaradon solution: 

The empty view must have its own scale (custom scale, so the simplest 1/1) and the note calls the sheet scale.