Geometry Smoothing Error

#gt22 : Yes, absolutely, I had done it before. The method is good but if you take my STEP file, the path doesn't follow the curve correctly, and the rectangles should cross each other sooner.

In fact the thickness changes along the curve, that's what's wrong with my model, hence the idea of putting control points if it's possible.

On your 3D part, the thickness remains the same along your curve.

But as just said, your method works perfectly. Only the trajectory and thickness varies between the different methods stated, but not as I would like.

The ideal would be to obtain a result of this type with an edge that turns into a curve along the trajectory:

Here is an image according to your method, I absolutely need a uniform circular trajectory, which is not the case as we can see with the highlighted circle:

it's better 

so yes given the type of symmetry requires the log is making a face

so I proceeded in another way for the trap

make a part with the cut that goes well according to the right or left recording plan according to the

Symmetry request does it make me symmetry but not with my cut? he doesn't agree 

so no big deal anyway

and cross-section via the plane of symmetry

so I have 2 pieces, one right and one left and save the new room

I open an assembly I assemble these 2 parts 2 coincidences not +

record the assembly in part and that's it

SW 2012 attachments

assemblage2_lissage_sur_meme_origine.sldasm
1 Like

with a section that changes shape and that from + is twists at 45° 

It's not easy to follow the interior fiber

via the axis it works well and the result is I think suitable ;-)

so for the smoothing take the axis

1 Like

That's almost it!!

My shape is very round, but what I don't understand is the difference in profile between the one on the right and the one on the left for the same sketch, while only the angle of the plane changes.

Normally, I should have exactly the same profiles as on your drawing, why don't I have the same thing on one side and on the other?

it's a symmetry or another smoothing if it's another smoothing see the settings of this one

At the time for me, an end condition was activated.

I finally get what I wanted!!

Thank you gt22 for your help;)

Thank you also to all those who contributed to my problem!!

2 Likes

Re

I'm in 2016, but here is a step stemming from your sketches (reworked with only 2 arcs) with a closed smoothing (smoothing option -> full circle) and symmetry.

I'm attaching a step and an image

@+

lissage.jpg
2 Likes

And the step

test_sdlprt_2013_v2.step
2 Likes